Guitarra Baiana "Hall of Fame"
Heres's a (very incomplete) list of notable guitarra-baiana players (alphabetic) to be expanded continiosuly.
- Aderson - Originally with Banda Scorpius (an early version of Chiclete com Banana) and Banda EVA. Highly skilled guitarra baiana player now living in Nevada.
- Sergio Albuquerque - With Microtrio a.ka. Micro-Trio a.k.a Mini-Trio, a small and independant trio eletrico which is a regular in Bahian Carnival. Great Jazz and Blues player, played wit Banda Pinel.
- Altair - Guitarra baiana chord and harmony developer and sideman of Luis Caldas in the 1980s.
- Temistocles Aragão - Partner of Dodô & Osmar in the early 1950s, completing the trio formation of the legendary early Trio Elétricos, playing a 'pau-elétrico-version' of a 'triolim' (tenor guitar, tuned CGDA).
- Roberto 'Betinho' Barreto - of the Lampironicos. His solo project "Baiana System" mixes guitarra baiana sounds with Dub & more.
- Luiz Brazil - Armandinho's partner in two great compositions: Pororocas and Jazziquefrevo.
- Mou Brazil - Guitarra Baiana player in the 1980s, today a respected Jazz guitarist who works with big names in Brazilian music.
- Cacik Jonne - João Fernandes da Silva Filho, guitarrist and composer, member of Chiclete com Banana between 1980 and 2001. A legend of Bahian Carnival, tragically haunted by a desease since 2001 (see here).
- Luis Caldas - Came to fame as the inventor of a style called Fricote a key figure of the early days of Axé Music
- Orlando "Tapajós" Campos - Founder of the Trio Tapajós in the late 1950s. The most influential figure, second only to Dodô and Osmar, in the history of the Guitarra Baiana and Trio Elétrico traditions of Bahian carnival.
- Jean Paul Charles - Jazz instrumentalist and luthier born in France living in Salvador, Bahia since 1995. With Jazz no MAM.
- Dico - A legend since the 1980s.
- Edgarzinho - Guitarra Baiana player in the 1980s, now living and working in New York City.
- Mintcho Garrammone - Multi-instrumentalist from Argentina. Plays accordeon, cavaquinho, mandolin and guitarra baiana with percussionist Ramiro Musotto's Orquesta Sudaka
- Lito - Played in the legendary Trio Eletrico Tapajós in the 1970s
- Ricardo Marques - Guitarra Baiana with Bloco Crocodilo and Trio Traz os Montes and with the bands Rosa dos Ventos and Gente Brasileira.
- Melo - With Trio Eletrico Tapajós in the 1970s
- Armandinho Macêdo - Osmar Macêdos' son. Began performing at age 10 in the 60s.
- Aroldo Macêdo - Armandinhos elder brother, very active.
- Osmar Álvares Macêdo - 3/22 1923 - 6/30 1997
- Fred Menendez - Great mandolin and guitarra baiana player, trio eletrico veteran since the late 1970s.
- Missinho - of Chiclete Com Banana. Composed songs like Tulasy, Lance Baiano and Transcedança. Completed the guitarra baiana 'tandem' with the great Cacik Jonne.
- Marcos Moletta - Guitarist and mandolinist, played Forróçacana and performs with Moraes Moreira, Nicolas Krassik & Cordestinos and Los Papitos.
- Pará Monteiro - Played with Trio Traz a Massa in the 1980s and composed the song Frevo Diminuto.
- Moroto Slim - with the influential Bahian Rock bands Dead Billies and Retrofoguetes. Surf & Rockabilly guitar wizard and winner of the Best Instrumentalist award of Bahian Carnival in 2008.
- Musso - 1980s. Itabuna (Southern Bahia) based guitarra baiana player.
- Adolfo "Dodô" Nascimento - 11/10 1920 - 6/15 1978. The creator of the original Pau Eletrico and Bahias first solid body electric guitarist, with the Dupla
- Eletrica in the early 1940s.
- Eugénio Nobre - Skilled electric guitar, mandolin and guitarra baiana player.
- Fernando Padre - 1980s. Played with Novos Barbaros.
- Renatinho - A big name from the 1970s.
- Nino Moura - Played guitarra baiana for Grupo Mar Revolto and Banda Pinel.
- Moacyr Soares - Born in 1932, the most seasoned veteran of the guitarra baiana still active today and a living legend of the Bahian Carnaval da Bahia. Participated in the first studio recordings of the guitarra baiana in 1969 and played on the original Caetanave Trio in the early 1970s. Today, he plays with Varanda Elétrica, founded by him in 2006, which performs on the veranda of his residence.
- Tourinho - Guitarra Baiana player of the 1980s
- Alexandre Vargas - Sideman for Daniela Mercuri, plays a 6-string guitarra baiana in his solo project 'Psico Guitar'.
- Vicente - Guitarra Baiana player in the 1980s
- Kinho Xavier - Choro Mandolinist and Guitarra Baiana expert with creative Jazz and experimental tendendies.